There are expected values, designed values of QoS and we need to measure QoS parameters. Those QoS statistics are connected in a chain as shown in the Figure: QoS Cycle.
- Network Efficiency = (Carried Traffic at Busy Hour) / (Capacity at 2% GOS)
- SDCCH (Standard Dedicated Control Channel) Accessibility: successful capture of a SDCCH time slot by the subscriber.
- SDCCH Drop Rate : successful completion of the SDCCH phase and then releasing (loosing) the SDCCH channel.
- TCH (Traffic Channel) Accessibility : successful capture of a TCH time slot by the subscriber in a call attempt.
- TCH drop rate : successful completion of the TCH phase and then releasing (loosing) the TCH.
- methods where they can measure QoS of the network mentioned below.Analyzing Daily Traffic Data
- Analyze Drive Test Results
- Observing the daily quality of service parameters using Network Performance Optimizer (NPO) tool
- Monitoring network using OMC-R