- HLR (Home Location Register): HLR is a static database.
- AUC (Authentication Centre): Authenticate a subscriber into the network.
- EIR (Equipment Identity register): An EIR reduces the threats of theft of handsets by enabling individual operators to prevent the use of stolen handsets in their own networks. This improves users' security by switching off stolen phones, making them useless for mobile phone thieves and thus less likely to be stolen in the first place
- MNP (Mobile Number Portability): MNP enables mobile telephone users to retain their mobile telephone numbers when changing from one mobile network operator to another.
Services that can be configured using a HLR
- PRBT (Phone Ring Back Tone)
- CAMEL (Customized Applications for Mobile Enhanced Logic): Can set triggers when a call is originated (CCSI) or when a location changes (MCSI)
- ODB (Operator Determined Barring) : i.e. suspend a post-paid customer
A typical HLR profile will include below fields: