Roof Top Site SurveyFew steps involved in this process and they are listed below.
Due to nearby buildings some areas may not get covered. When signals gone through a wall 10 dB loss will be there. And we also note down possible locations to put our site and cabin of the site.
- Near Field and Far Field obstruction
- Access path
- 150-200 m clearance from high tension line
- Obstruction from the same building
If this equation H > D/2 satisfied it is acceptable. Otherwise main lobe will be obstructed
from the same building.
- Then reference photographs of the site location are taken, these photographs will include:
*Visibility of the area from the site location (including panoramic photographs)
*Measured land area for the proposed site location
*Accessibility/Access path to the site location
*Availability of the Commercial power
*Terrain conditions of the land
- Detailed sketch of the location is drawn
Deviations in a sharing site
Green Field Site Survey
Technical Site Survey (TSS) Form
- General Data of the site (Site name, Site Identification Code (SIC), etc.)
- Geo-coordinates of the site location
- For Roof Top sites :
*Microwave planning data: Azimuths and distance to three nearest microwave points.
- For Green Field site :
*Tower height : 60 m/ 45 m/ 30 m
- Location planning data : coverage objective, coverage area and distances to adjacent sites
- BTS antenna related data;
*Installation height of the antenna
*Mechanical and electrical tilt
- Clearance to the nearest high tension line
- Terrain condition (for Green Field sites)
- Power availability
- Column/beam under pole location (for Roof Top sites)
- Site location marked on a map